Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sergei Prokofiev

This was the first time I have ever heard of the name Sergi Prokofiev. He was one of the greatest composers of the twentieth century and a very multi-talented person. His music compared to the music I listen to is very different. This music is relaxing and calm with sudden rushes of sounds that reveal your inside feelings emotionally. This music makes me want to fall asleep and not finish this essay. But compared to the music I listen to  makes me not want to fall asleep and gives me energy. It’s more upbeat and vibrant!
               
             One thing I noticed about this CD and what I listen to now is they both remind me of my past life and memories. For the good and bad things. All their beats are like sudden rushes of memories wondering throughout my head in Sergei’s music. While the lyrics in today’s music bring up memories like the artist went through.

Sergei’s music is something I would not want to really listen to again. I don’t like relaxing music because I am the kind of person that really likes relaxing a lot. But once in a while it wouldn’t hurt to listen. It’s always good to listen to a new different type of music and maybe I’ll start to like a different genre of music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment